Sikkim’s newly constructed airport, the Himalayan state’s first licence and which is built at 4,700 feet gets its license to get operational. The airport is located 30 km away from the capital Gangtok, and with the total cost of about 350 crore it is built now.
The pakyong Airport will be the 100th operational airport when the first commercial plane will make its landing on it. A 19-seater Dornier aircraft of Indian force has already made its first landing on this airport of Sikkim at 6th of March this year, At 11 March, a 78-seater spicejet plan had its first successful land on the airport.
According to News report, spicejet has been grated the permission to fly to the airport from Kolkata under Civil Aviation Ministry’s scheme Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN).
As a result, this airport will boost the economy of Sikkim by making the place more accessible to the people and especially tourists.
Presently, tourist used to fly to Bagdogra for Gangtok and then used to do the four hours journey by means of road.
As Sikkim to join the Aviation of the country, as the Pakyong airport gets its first license for commercial flights which will help in additional usage of tourists access and will have a rise in revenue and some basic economical rise.
Flight things for Pakyong airport
The phakyong (gangtok airport) is just got the licensed to make commercial flight operation. Direct flight from Kolkata to start very soon to Pakyong airport (which is located just 32 km from gangtok). We will update the flight timings as soon as we gets the information.
Benefits of Gangtok Airport to India
- one of the biggest benefit is that this was the first airport for sikkim state (after 70 years of independence) and sikkim was the only state which wasn’t connected to the Air.
- Now, since the sikkim has got the air connectivity, this beautiful state will have more visitors from india and abroad.
- More air passenger and that will help to boost the economy of sikkim.
- We will have more connectivity to north-east state and 7 sisters state.
- This was part of Govt of India’s UDAN scheme which is focused on increasing air passengers in india, to lower down the air fare and to increase air connectivity in India.
So, lets enjoy the achievement of having 100th commercial airport in India at 4,700 ft height. For more updates on UDAN scheme and government of india updates, keep visiting us.