Your mobile phone must be flooded with such messages like ‘Please link your Aadhaar card with XYZ document.’ Such messages can be perceived as important by some, unnecessary and irritating by others. There is no denying the fact that your Aadhaar card has become one of the most essential identity-related documents in India. There are notices that suggest it will be compulsory to link your Aadhaar Card with your driving license in the near future. Aadhar link with driving license is important.
Step By Step Guide To Link Aadhaar Card with Driving Licence
However, people have often been found problems with linking of important documents, like Driving Licenses, with their Aadhaar cards. However, the method to link the two documents online remains largely the same.
Just like other important documents and accounts, linking of Driving License with Aadhaar would soon become important. As Driving License is given by the road and highway department, the process may vary from state to state, however mainly it remains the same.
Aadhaar is one of the most important documents of Indian citizen. The company under the supervision of the Central Government is now planning to make linking Aadhaar with your driving license mandatory.
The steps to link Aadhaar to driving license online are:
- Step 1: Visit your state/UT road transport department’s website.
- Step 2: Click on the option to link Aadhaar
- Step 3: Now one has to select the option of driving license down.
- Step 4: To get the details enter the number of your driving license.
- Step 5: Your driving license details will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and mobile number in fields provided.
- Step 7: Remember that your mobile number should be the one registered with UIDAI.
- Step 8: Click on the “Submit” button to complete the process.
- Step 9: A confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number.
- Step 10: The process can be used at the websites of all state transport departments.
Aadhaar has been made mandatory for availing government subsidies under various schemes. As per information given by media, the Government dealing with road and highway issues has started to churn out less issue methods for linking Aadhaar with driving licenses of Indian residents.
Road Transport Act states that one person cannot have more than one driving license. However, it has been found that people have multiple driving licenses. This is because a driving license is valid across the country; there is no need for a different license for a different state. Thus, there is no need for multiple licenses.
Aadhaar card has a different number and when it is linked with driving license, it will help to curb the issue of multiple driving licenses. Since the Aadhaar card has personal Information for identification, it can be helpful to verify a person while giving out a driving license. This will reduce the chances of fake driving licenses.
As both these documents are identity-related, this linking will strengthen the personal identity verification process. It can also improve transparency and help to reduce corruption in the long run.
Here are some direct advantages of the linking:
- Operations will become more streamlined
- Enable data verification
- Stop the issuance of fake online driving license
- Stop the issuance of multiple online driving licenses
- Creation of a central database for transparency
The government has decided to reduce the time for applying and receiving the driving license to the people. The timeline for link the Aadhaar with your driving license has not been set yet. Once the rule is in place, two-wheeler and four-wheeler owners who get a new license or renew their license might have to link it.
How to link Aadhaar with driving license
Indian driving license is given by respective state-driven Road Transport Departments. In most of the states, you can apply for driving license online. The process might vary as per the state’s website. Link driving license inline is also possible.
Listed below are the steps to be followed.
- Visit your Road Transport website of the state from where your driving license was issued
- The website will have a button to link Aadhaar if the automatically is added on it
- Go to ‘Aadhaar Number Entry’
- Select ‘Driving License’ from the drop-down option
- Mention your Driving License number
- Click on ‘Get Details’
- Verify your displayed Driving License details
- Enter Aadhaar card number
- Enter mobile number linked with Aadhaar card
- You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile phone
- Enter OTP
- Linking complete
The Way Ahead
Several processes are being digitized in India. Few years ago, one had to visit the RTO to file an application for a driving license. Now, it can be done extremely easily online. Just as that process was online and helped the end users, the linking of Aadhaar card with the driving license is also aimed at smoothening the ride.
All state’s Road Transport Departments have not gone ahead with the linking functionality, it is still in progress. The linking might become mandatory once the necessary infrastructure to execute such a big scale project is in place.
The Government has come across many chances where a single person has more than one driving license. As per the acts related to road transport, a person cannot possess more than one driver’s licenses. Driving license got in one state is runned in all other states and union territories of the country. Thus, a person need not have multiple driving licenses.
To reduce the problems, the central government is planning to link Aadhaar with driving licenses. Licenses not linked with Aadhaar would be deactivated after the end of deadline. Although only one driving license can be linked with Aadhaar, the issue of duplicate licenses can be easily controlled.
This may help you to link your Aadhaar card with driving license may it b online or you can yourself go and do it manually.
So, these are some of the things to be followed for a good response so far.