What is PAN Card?
A Permanent Account Number card or PAN card is referred to as a unique code of 10 characters. It is given to each and every taxpaying entity in India. This particular card connects all transactions, attracting tax under a single source that makes it appropriate for the government so that they can keep track them.
What is Aadhaar card?
The Aadhaar card is referred to as a unique identification card, given to all Indian citizens. This card holds 12 digit numbers that play a role of identity proof and address proof. It is a personal identification card, containing the demographic as well as biometric information of a person.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN card?
The Income Tax Department has announced that taxpayers are able to link their PAN card with their Aadhaar card through the utilization of a straightforward SMS-based procedure. Citizens can also visit the official e-filing website dedicated to the Income Tax Department and then link both of these documents. However, if you want to know how to perform pan card link with aadhar card, you have come to a perfect place.
PAN Card and Aadhaar Card Linking – Procedure
To perform aadhar link with pan, taxpayers need to make registration on the Income tax e-Filing portal as a first stage. After doing so, they must follow the steps described below:
- You need to log in to the e-Filing portal dedicated to the Income Tax Department. You can do so by filling the log-in ID, password along with the date of birth.
- After performing the procedure of logging in to the particular website, you will see a pop up window that will prompt to link aadhar link to pan card.
- You will see the details like name, date of birth, and gender because you have already provided the same in times of registration on the e-Filing portal.
- In this stage, you need to verify the particular details on the screen that are specified on your Aadhaar card.
- If the provided details match, you will enter your Aadhaar card number and then click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will generate and you will be informed that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your PAN card successfully.
Now, let’s discuss the steps how to perform aadhar card link to pan card online elaborately:
You need to open the Income Tax e-filing portal.
- Now, perform registration on it. Your PAN or Permanent Account Number is going to be your user id.
- It’s time to login on the page through the utilization of your User ID, Password, and Date of Birth.
- Now, a popup window will generate. If it does not appear, then you can check the blue tab on the highest bar with the name ‘Profile Settings’ on Menu bar and you need to click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
Now, you need to add the necessary details, such as name, DOB, and gender, according to pan details following entering your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and it’s time to verify captcha. In this stage, you need to Click On Link Aadhaar.
Now, a popup message will appear once your Aadhaar card has been linked to your PAN card successfully.
Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card – Importance
For Preventing Tax Evasion:
By the linking procedure of the Aadhaar Card to PAN Card, the government will be capable of keeping tabs on the taxable transactions of a specific entity or individual, whose address as well as the identity will be verified by his/her Aadhaar card.
It signifies that each and every taxable activity or transaction is going to be recorded by the government. Thus, tax evasion will be prevented.
Multiple PAN Cards:
Another crucial reason for this linking is to alleviate the happening of entities or individuals making application of multiple PAN cards to defraud the government and to avoid paying taxes.
Streamlining the Procedure:
Individuals, who have performed the linking procedure, will be capable of filing their e-Returns or their online Income Tax returns quickly and easily. Through this linking, people now don’t need to present their Income Tax acknowledgement to the IT department.
Benefits of Linking Pan Card with Aadhar Card
After successfully linking the Aadhaar number to the PAN, a person will become qualified for the benefits below:
- He or she can file his/her income tax returns.
- His/her PAN is going to be invalid.
- That person can verify his/her tax returns online through the utilization of the same card. The mobile number of that person needs to be registered with Aadhaar.
- He/she can ensure his/her e-filing account’s security. That person can also reset or change the password to his/her account to block any type of malicious activity with the particular account by a prohibited user.
Now, you know how to link aadhar with pan and various other pieces of information. For more information in this regard, you can search the internet.
Source :- Official Website of Aadhaar card https://www.uidai.gov.in/
Official website for Pan Card https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html